After and even before your wedding ends, you and your husband can’t wait to be by yourselves and start your honeymoon, right?
One of the things that would spice your honeymoon is the kind of underwear you have under it. It is not enough to just get the perfect dress; you also have to have the perfect underwear to complete your whole look, you might say no one will see it so it doesn’t matter, but your new husband will so it does matter.
Wearing the right undergarments also perfects your look and body shape but the wrong undergarments can totally ruin the look of your gorgeous wedding dress. Shopping for bras and underwear might not be as exciting as finding your dream dress, but don’t overlook the importance of these foundation pieces because they determine your total outlook. Here are a few tips on how you can get the right undergarments and lingerie;
- When shopping for your dress, think of your undergarments too: – The kind of dress you buy will determine the kind of undergarments you wear. If you are wearing a strapless or backless gown, the last thing you should wear is a bra with straps and hooks at the back.
- How to Shop: Underwear
What type of undergarments you should buy always depends on the dress. Think of your options in three categories: classic, seamless and shaping.
- Classic: Dresses that are voluminous or made of thicker fabrics allow brides to have fun with their lingerie. So the short answer is, wear whatever you want, whether it’s your favorite knickers or something a bit more racy and adventurous.
- Seamless:Slim-fitting dress or those made of a single layer of material often require underwear that lay flat and smooth, a nude-colored Commando thong will always work, but brides also shouldn’t feel limited just to that one option. In most cases, a bride could wear a smooth lace thong with no problems just make sure to look for one made from high-tech, seamless flat lace.
- Shape wear:Dresses that highlight body parts sometimes call for strategic shapewear. The one thing to keep in mind when shopping for shapewear is that it has to absolutely fit correctly or you risk being “cut off” in weird places. It is recommended that you wear a high-waisted thong, which gives a smooth, seamless fit through the bodice but if you’re really nervous about lines, go with a full slip.
- What color should my lingerie be? Most wedding dresses are a shade of white, meaning that nude undergarments will be the least visible underneath. However, many wedding dresses are made of thick fabric or many layers, giving you more leeway with the color of your bridal lingerie. Incorporate your undergarments if you’d like! If you want to wear your sexy for-his-eyes-only lingerie underneath your dress all day, make sure your gown is thick enough to hide any details, including the color. Although it sounds counterintuitive, white lingerie can actually be more visible underneath white dresses so be sure to try on your entire outfit with the lingerie before the wedding day to make sure everything looks good. When in doubt, choose something that blends well with your skin tone.